Sunday, April 29, 2007

Love Addict Just Struck Me, TBC!

Whoa! I must have been all caught up in the serious biz of this blog for a while because I completely overlooked about a paragraph-length worth of words that TBC used to talk about LOVE ADDICT details...

TBC - do you know something about love addiction, or what (I think you do)?

Ya know...
I think that you are on to something again, my good American friend!

Cho got dumped - so he shot up the campus?

Well - not exactly. I'm not really taking this as lightly as it seems (however, you know that I am Canadian - and we Canadians do have a 'different' sense of humour eh?).

Cho was fried on prescription drugs - plus he got dumped by a pretty girl - so he shot up the campus.

Wait a sec...
There's more.

Cho was fried on prescription meds, was a visible minority who sometimes experienced the receiving end of bullying, was a loner, got dumped by his girlfriend - so he shot up the campus.

Cho was fried on meds, was sometimes bullied, was a visible minority, was a loner, was stressed at school, had financial problems, got dumped by his girlfriend, got his hands on guns - so he shot up the campus.

k - you know there's a LOT MORE, right?
However...the question is:

Which intervention - for which serious PROBLEM - could have been the solution to prevent the Cho-Vi-Tech Massacre?

I have decided to take just ONE DAY and not have an opinion on this matter anymore. This means - my TV channels will be promptly changed to an American Bandstand Re-Run station if any 'investigation updates,' any 'reports,' or any 'expert opinions' come on the Great White North Canadian Snow-TV-Broadcast News (haha - yeah that's our only station in Canada on Sundays - not) over here!

My mind is blown now by the sheer count of PROBLEMS that 'boy' was having - but moreso - by the fact that there are OTHERS in North America who are lonely, minority, have had their fill of being bullied, are on anti-depressants or other 'mood-affecting' medications, are having school difficulties, are having financial difficulties, have access to weapons - and of course - might have girlfriends who just don't understand them and who might break up with them tomorrow (Monday) - or Tuesday, Wednesday, you know - anytime.

I am going to retreat into my igloo very soon with the TV shut off so that I can think about the complexities of this whole deal.....(Or, I might nap for a while and take the sled dogs for a run later on lol)

In the meantime, TBC - please type me what you know about this 'love addiction' stuff! I think you're on to something.

And.....this is what has me the most WORRIED of all, TBC - your mention of this love addiction. How many people are out there who expect another person to make them happy, expect love relationships to be fulfilling? How many people do you think out in America and Canada alone have the traits of a 'Love Addict'?

I know an awful lot more than I need to about 'addiction,' myself - so I'm not taking your comments about love addiction very lightly. Partly, I don't think it's something that people think IS AN ADDICTION in the first place. Second thoughts have me wondering - where in the heck do ya go if you're a 'love addict' - to get help?

Not like you should ask someone for a supportive hug or what-not, eh?

So - when it all comes down to it - I am really retreating to my igloo all just to think about what 'love addiction' is - and about what Love Addiction might have to do with insane massacre crimes.


(Psssssssssst hey tbc - ya never figured for your whole life that we would have 'sled dog' as a keyword eh? lol)

teeray~~

No comments: