Friday, May 4, 2007

Love Addiction, Cho, and..... Global Warming?

Alright, well I have taken some time to think, and now am ready to respond. I agree with you Teeray, that many factors were what caused the Virginia Tech Massacre. I also have found another article in regards to the prescription drug factor, which you can read here. As far as Love addiction, yes I do know something about it, and addiction in general, and I agree with you in the fact that many people would not consider it an addiction. There are really several types of Love Addicts. One would be co-dependent people, these are the ones who you always see sticking it out through a bad relationship, because they are dependent on whatever emotional needs this person is fulfilling. Another type, is the person who always seems to be seeing "someone". These people are the ones who will find a new attraction a short few days after a breakup, and just move from one relationship to the next never really being fulfilled. I have been both of these people before, and I believe if you fall into one of these categories, you can easily switch to the other. There are other types as well, actually too numerous to mention here. For more information on love addiction try the site for love addiction.

Ok well I've had about enough of talking about Virginia Tech, and Cho. Its time to send this blog in a new direction, and I have the coordinates right here. A highly political and debated issue currently is the issue of Global Warming. For some information on this check out the wikipedia entry on it. Is man causing it? To what degree are we responsible, if we are? Is it a left wing conspiracy? If it is real, how imminent is the threat? These are questions which we all want answers to, and I will do my best to answer with the information available to me. First off, Teeray, Im sure you and your neighbors are cheering on global warming up there in the frigid north. However, Canada and all the northern region needs to stay cold, for obvious reasons, the main one being to keep the polar icecaps frozen. I will say that I do believe Global Warming is occuring, not only because of the statistics and studies done on it, but also because of all the poison man is putting into the atmosphere. I can't believe that all the CO2 we are emitting into the atmosphere has no negative consequences. However, I have not seen conclusive evidence that this is the only cause of recent weather events and average global temperature increases. I believe that the threat is long-term, however it will take many years to reverse this effect. I believe that the suggestion that this is all political, or a left-wing conspiracy, is complete garbage and in itself the suggestion is politically motivated. My opinion is, that we are at a point where we should begin looking for and using other means of energy and transportation, if for no other reason than for the fact that "we don't currently know what, if any, damage we are doing to our environment". That being said, we have not found another earth as of yet in the entire universe. This earth is similar to our own physical bodies, if we don't take care of it we will not prosper and may not even live. Would you put something into your body if you were "unsure" of its effects? Would you need scientific proof to show it causes harm before you would stop? This is exactly what is being asked on the global warming issue. I believe until someone can prove that CO2 is "good" for the earth, we should begin limiting our energy consumption and CO2 emissions. Yes Teeray, Canada will have to stay cold. You should be used to it by now though!!

No comments: