Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Ok, well here's the first post in my first shared blog, which I am sharing with a good friend of mine. If you have started reading this blog now, I will give you a warning that almost anything could possibly be discussed here, there is almost nothing which is off limits, although there are a couple things. Secondly I would like to state from the beginning that I hope not to be classified as a conservative, or a liberal blogger, simply because these classifications are thrown around so much on the internet, and I have many views which fall into both of these categories. There will probably be lots of joking, and lots of debating going on here. The U.S. and Canada are both represented in this blog, as well as male and female so we should get some pretty good discussion going on. Now that is out of the way, I would like to discuss something which has been on my mind, and although, I'm not sure its real good for the first post, I'm gonna do it anyways. Here is what has been on my mind. Wars, and terrorism, in the name of religion really bother me. I have studied a few different religions, and I can't see how this can be done. I understand that the terrorists who are muslim are extremists, but what about our own government, who is obviously christian, should they be classified as extreme as well? I like to consider myself a middle of the road type of guy, I identify with several different points of view, both liberal and conservative. However, I cannot see a reason for any war or act of terror being committed in the name of any religion. Now I realize that this has been going on for centuries, I mean basically the crusades were a war fought over religion. However, shouldn't we as a society, start to become more sophisticated at some point? When do we start to learn from the mistakes of the past, and not repeat them? I admit its been hard for me to learn from my mistakes, however at some point it does become necessary learn because if you don't then you are destined to repeat the same mistakes over and over. I don't know, just something thats been on my mind. Maybe Teeray has got some good insight into this.

1 comment:

Jackie said...

Great to see you both sharing a blog. I am sure the posts will be very interesting.